Day 1: Florence
Arrival transfer from Florence airport to your hotel in the Chianti. Welcome drink. Dinner and overnight.
Day 2: San Gimignano - Siena
Buffet breakfast. Morning excursion San Gimignano, also known as the “The Manhattan of Tuscany”: 15 of the original 72 towers still dominate the almost unchanged, well preserved, historic center and were once a symbol of the power and wealth of its inhabitants After the visit continue to a typical and organic farm for tasting of local Tuscan products. Visit of the Wine Cellar observing wine production and, tasting of local wines together with a rich buffet with local specialties. Continue to the enchanting medieval city of Siena that sits elegantly over three hills. Guided tour to explore the city to admire the major attractions like the Piazza del Campo where the famous horse race Palio takes place every year and the Basilica of St. Dominico. Back to your hotel, dinner and overnight.
Meals: B - L - D
Day 3: Florence
Buffet breakfast. Morning departure to Florence, the cradle of the Italian Renaissance and the center of the world’s finest art and architecture. Guided tour where you can admire the magnificent Santa Maria Novella, celebrated for its magnificent dome designed by Brunelleschi, and view the Baptistery’s renowned “Gates of Paradise” by Ghiberti. Afterward Accademia of Fine Arts, where Michelangelo’s David is housed. Continue to the open-air museum at Signoria Square, ending at the splendid Ponte Vecchio.In the afternoon visit to a Leather Factory and Shop, where you can admire how the product their fabulous bags and leather products. Dinner and overnight.
Meals: B - D
Day 4: Volterra - Pisa
Buffet breakfast. Morning departure to Volterra, a former Etruscan settlement, located on top of a hill and offering beautiful view of the surroundings and. Visit of the city center with included visit at the Guarnacci Etruscan Museum, one of the best place to learn about this mysterious pre-roman civilization Stop at a cheese factory to learn how cheese production, followed by a tasting. Lunch in a local restaurant. Continue to Pisa to admire the famous Piazza del Miracoli with its Leaning Tower (outside visit), one of the most instantly recognizable structures on earth. Return to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Meals: B - D
Day 5: Perugia and its Chocolate tradition - Truffle Hunt
Buffet breakfast. Morning departure to Tuscany’s neighbour region of Umbria and visit its capital city, Perugia. Take on a stroll with your tour leadr in the historical center full of narrow streets with medieval corners and views, and admire one of the most wonderful church of Perugia: San Francesco al Prato with its Reinassance San Bernardino’s oratory. Continue with the visit of the Casa del Cioccolato Perugina (House of Chocolate) a unique place, where we will discover the famous chocolate in all its ways. Chocolate tasting included. Lunch on your own. In the afternoon get ready for the highlight of the day, you will go hunting for truffles with a truffle-expert and his trained dog. At the end of the activity learn how to prepare this delicacy and have the chance to taste it. Return to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Meals: B - D
Day 6: Assisi - Norcia
Buffet breakfast. Morning departure to Assisi, the birthplace of St. Francis and founder of the Franciscan order. Visit the major historical and religious monuments of Assisi such as the Roman Temple of Minerva, and the Basilica, one of the artistic highlights of medieval Europe containing the sacred relics of St. Francis and Giotto’s astonishing frescoes. Lunch on your own. Continue to Norcia, an amazing city full of art and culture, made it famous in the world by its culinary specialties of meat and pork delights of and black truffles. Visit a “Norceria” (Pork butchers) to learn the ancient technique of curing and processing the meat (brought by the Jews that settled in the area following the destruction of Jerusalem) followed by a succulent tasting of local products. Return to your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Meals: B - D
Day 7: Lake Transimeno - Florence area
Buffet breakfast. Morning drive along the Wine Route of Trasimeno Hills that extends to the territories that surround Lake Trasimeno. Among the rolling hills that embrace the Lake Trasimeno winemaking is an art that has been practiced for thousands of years; originally by the Etruscans, followed by the Romans. Stop for visit of a local wine producer with wine tasting included. Continue to Montepulciano for leasure stroll around the medieval historical center and break for lunch (on your own). Continue to Pienza for visit of a cheese factory and taste some “Pecorino” and olive oil. Dinner and overnight at your hotel in the Florence area.
Meals: B - D
Day 8: Departure
Breakfast at the hotel and airport transfer to the Florence airport.
- Welcome drink
- 7 nights in 4* charming hotels
- 15 meals (7 Breakfast, 1 3-course lunch in a local restaurant in San Gimignano with drinks included, and 7 3-course dinner at hotel drinks included)
- Visit to a wine cellar in San Gimignano with wine tasting and light lunch
- Visit to a cheese factory in Volterra area with cheese tasting included
- Tour of the Chocolate House in Perugia with chocolate tasting included
- Truffle hunt in Perugia area with a quarrymen and taste of tartufo included
- Visit to a Grappa distillery in Bassano with grappa tasting included
- Visit to a Norceria (Pork butchery) in Norcia with tasting included
- Visit to a cheese factory in Pienza with pecorino and olive oil tasting included
- Excursion along the Trasimeno Wine area with stop at a local producer with wine tasting included
- Visit to a leather workshop in Florence
- English speaking guide during guided tours (Florence, Siena & San Gimignano, Assisi, Volterra)
- Skip the line tickets at Accademia Museum, Giotto Bell’s Tower and Baptistery
- Entrance fees to Guarnacci Museum in Volterra and Chocolate House in Perugia
- Deluxe AC motor-coach as per itinerary
- Airport transfers
- Porterage in/out at all hotels
- Ignas Tour English speaking tour director throughout the trip
- Headsets throughout the trip
- Tips, City Taxes and everything not listed under “Included features”
Ignas Tour Hotel Collection
- Hotel Palazzo Leopoldo 4* or similar
- Relais Il Canalicchio 4* or similar
- Fattoria degli Usignoli 4* or similar
* Price per person sharing a double/twin room:
|Dates||8 guests||16 guests||25 guests|
|01/03/17 - 03/15/17
10/09/17 - 11/30/17
|€ 1889||€ 1529||€ 1249|
|03/16/17 - 05/08/17||€ 1979||€ 1609||€ 1329|
|05/09/17 - 10/08/17||€ 2069||€ 1699||€ 1399|
|Single supplement: € 249|
*The itinerary is on request and rates are subject to the availability of the hotels at the time of booking. Prices are subject to change if travel occur during trade shows, bank holidays or special events and supplements may be applied.